ATI Radeon X1650 PRO - no image after driver instalation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, need some help. Ive just bought said video card and i get a picture in Windows XP until i install the drivers that came with the card. Once ive installed the drivers the PC boots up and just as it goes to go into windows the screen goes into sleep mode. I have tried many versions of the Catalyst drivers, ive also tried the card in two other PCs with the same problem occuring. Ive tried all sorts of Bios settings and hardware combinations but nothing. Am i missing somthing? or is it just time to give up and send it back.

Thanks, J

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The fact that this is happening in other pc`s, sounds like the card is faulty. Rma it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

yeah my thoughts to Howard, the only thing that did cross my mind was power supply issues? or is the symptoms just a slower running card rather than no display at all?

Does the card have it`s own plug where you connect a separate power connector

If so, did you connect the separate power connector?

What psu`s are in the pc`s you tried it in?

Regards Howard :)

Yeah it has its own supply, according to the manual it recomends a 450 watt suply, now the other two pc's had 350 - 400 supplys and mine is a cheap and nasty 500 watt one, hence my concern.

I see your concern, but with the drivers installed, I would`ve thought it would at least show a picture. Even if the psu`s are crap, without putting the card under load, there shouldn`t be a problem.

It`d be different if it went blank during game play etc. To have no video output at all when the drivers are installed, definitely sounds like a faulty card to me.

Regards Howard :)

Hi sleeplessvirus :wave:

Welcome to TechSpot.

And i hope they're problem was solved too. Especially as they posted it 2 years ago!

You gotta keep an eye out on those dates when you go searching through threads unless you do something like use Today's Post link

lol well, i was actually trying to get 5 posts, as im new here, so i could put a link in a post.. I have a problem, but I can't solive it, so I came here to see if anyone knew what it was.

Thanks though :) hehe.

Hello i happen to have the same problem with my ATI radeon 9250 graphic card too. and i find the graphic card works after uninstall my ATI driver from the add/remove software. But after i install and restart the computer, it would just go into sleep mode. i don't know what's going on, but yesterday i happen to get it to work somehow... it went on but then i try to restart and it stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back