ATI RADEON X300 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerslave_5th

Hi
i have a big problem, i have a connect3d ATI RADEON x300 vidcard with 256MB, a P4 3 ghz processor and 512 mb of ram, and i have the latest vid card drivers.
it happens that when i try to play a game, for example, Max Payne 2, i start playing for about 1 or 2 minutes when the pc suddenly frezzes to death, i cant move the cursor, ctrl+alt+del is useless, im forzed to reboot the machine using the button in the gabinet, i cant do anything, what could it be?

thx in advance

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

Your video card or CPU may be overheating. Check their temps using a program like Everest Home Edition, or SIW.

Regards :wave:

powerslave_5th said:
Hi
i have a big problem, i have a connect3d ATI RADEON x300 vidcard with 256MB, a P4 3 ghz processor and 512 mb of ram, and i have the latest vid card drivers.
it happens that when i try to play a game, for example, Max Payne 2, i start playing for about 1 or 2 minutes when the pc suddenly frezzes to death, i cant move the cursor, ctrl+alt+del is useless, im forzed to reboot the machine using the button in the gabinet, i cant do anything, what could it be?

thx in advance

Possibly an overheating problem. Download CPU-Z and it should list the temps (can be changed to fahrenheit as well). Here's the download link:

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-137.zip -Courtesy of cpuid.com

What a coincidence, the same posts at about the same time!

That's actually a good temperature for a Prescott CPU. Does your X300 have a fan on it? Is it working properly?

It may be running too hot. Open up your case, and clean your whole computer using a can of compressed air, especially the CPU's and GPU's heatsink, and your PSU too.

wolfram said:
It may be running too hot. Open up your case, and clean your whole computer using a can of compressed air, especially the CPU's and GPU's heatsink, and your PSU too.
yo tmb soy mexicano, podrias decirmelo en español? no te entiendo en lo del aire comprimido

Ahh que bueno, a ver si no es contra las reglas de Techspot, pero ni modo :)

Abre tu PC, y limpiala usando aire comprimido, sobre todo en el heatsink del procesador, en el de la tarjeta de video, y en la fuente de fuerza o de poder (PSU).

For TS mods: Please don't edit this post, he didn't understand what I said in English :)

ok thx man,
i hope thats the only problem, because the pc is brand new, 2 days since i got it
if its not that, what else might be?

Ehh, you have only two days with your PC?
Then it can't be that.

What about the PSU (fuente de poder)? How many watts does it have, and how many amps (amperios) it has on the +12V rail. Checa la etiqueta de la fuente de poder para saber.

i cant find the info, :dead: ,no encuentro la etiqueta de los amperios, si es eso que es lo que debo hacer? o crees que sea algo del bios?

Debe de ser una etiqueta como esta:

ShowImage.asp

Y creo que eso no sale en BIOS....

wolfram said:
Debe de ser una etiqueta como esta:

ShowImage.asp

Y creo que eso no sale en BIOS....

Damn it, you beat me again! It took a ton of time to atempt to translate that paragraph (probably didn't translate well either).

Lol man :haha: Necesitas checar mas seguido tu User profile :haha:
Buen español Cfitzarl. Se entiende muy bien :)

wolfram said:
Lol man :haha: Necesitas checar mas seguido tu User profile :haha:
Buen español Cfitzarl. Se entiende muy bien :)

Hablo en español mejor :haha: y tambien cuando escucho!

nope, where is that sticker inside the gabinet? let me open it

teamspeak? i dont have mic, but maybe messenger
i appreciate your help man

i found it, it says exactly

AC INPUT: 115V 60HZ 6 A / 230V 50HZ 3 A

DC OUTPUT
YELLOW.- +12V 19A
RED.- +5V 28A
ORANGE.- +3.3V 15A
BLUE.- -12V 0.8A
WHITE.- -5V 0.5A
PURPLE.- +5VSB 2A

eso dice, tienes msn messenger?

Well, 19A for your setup should be good. The X300 card doesn't require too much power, so you're fine.

BTW, check the Everest program again, and now look out for the video card's temperature.
Also, when "gaming", aim a desk fan to the computer, especially for the video card, and see if that helps.

Regards :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back