Someone, please translate.

Kthxbye.

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

/me smells the troll fight ahead...

[​IMG]

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

Sure that just isn't your body odour Didou ;)

From what I've read about the new ATI card possible performance I would say those benchmarks are probably about right. Nvidia have introduced SM3.0 (PS3 and VS3) which should make programming visual effects easier for programmers. Whereas ATI don't see this as being of much use until around 18 months time. By which R500 core products which will support SM3.0 will be out. So for the moment ATI has focussed on speed. So in the existing benchmarks like 3dmark03 (which I believe uses SM2.0 at best) it is likely to win.

Well thats just my thoughts. We will have to wait to see the final figures from confirmed official previews/reviews before we can say anything for certain...

6. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 375

Those benches are NOT real...they are extrapolations of theoretical performance based off the R360 core and comparing it to the specs of the R420core,,,,

Look for real bench's to hit May 4th or May 5th

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.