The AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT is now available for under $700

midian182

Staff member
In context: We've heard a lot about the falling prices of Nvidia's RTX 3000-series graphics cards for a while now, especially the high-end models. But it's not just team green's GPUs that are getting cheaper. The AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT, which can match and outperform the RTX 3090 in some gaming benchmarks, can now be found for under $700, with the cheapest model priced at just $669.

Nvidia and AMD graphics card prices have been crashing in recent months due to waning demand, the fall of GPU mining, oversupply, and companies rushing to clear inventory ahead of the next-generation RTX 4000 and Radeon 7000 launches.

The RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 variants have seen some big drops. Joining them is AMD's second-from-top card, the Radeon RX 6900 XT, which is now available for under $700.

The XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT Speedster SWFT 319 is available on Amazon for $689.99. You can also grab the XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT Speedster MERC 319 from the site for $699.99.

It's not just Amazon where you can purchase the Radeon RX 6900 XT for a bargain price. ASRock's Phantom Gaming D is on sale on Newegg for $669.99.

In our review of the RX 6900 XT last year, we found it outperformed the RTX 3090 across 18 games at both 1080p and 1440p. You can also see how the card compares to the RTX 3080 12GB across 50 game benchmarks. For comparison, the cheapest RTX 3090 (non-refurbished) on Newegg is $948, while the lowest-price RTX 3080 12GB is $749.

It's all a far cry from the months of inflated prices and low stock that gamers had to endure following the launch of Ampere in September 2020. The cards' prices peaked in May 2021 when they sold for more than three times their MSRP.

The market will undoubtedly experience some turmoil again on Wednesday when the first of Nvidia's Lovelace cards, the RTX 4090, arrives. The new flagship looks like an absolute beast in terms of performance and size, but some models will cost up to $2,000. Expect current-gen cards like the RX 6900 XT to become even cheaper following the launch.

h/t: VideoCardz

Permalink to story.

Lol..close on a $1000 price drop since February when you did the 6900XT vs 3080 comparison.

Last edited:
Thanks to the UK government's understanding of global economics coming from the back of a shampoo bottle, it's sadly not quite as awesome over the pond. But Amazon has Gigabyte ones for £786, Sapphire ones for £750, and XFX ones for £712.

I'd be more annoyed at the fact that faceless, unelected parasites in the financial markets are trying to dictate a country's economic policy, rather than the politicians.

At least the Politicians can be held to account and dispatched with at the ballot box.

I paid twice as much bit more than a year ago, but no regrets - solid GPU and a lot of good time. If anyone is looking for GPU now it is a time to get one of those babies unless AMD will show something much better in similar price, or you have money to burn.

I haven't checked prices for a while so I checked my local Micro Center and there is a MSI 6900XT that's currently priced at $630 (all other models are pushing $900-1000, still). That's a damn good price.

The closest performance card to the 6900XT from Nvidia at Micro Center is a 3080Ti that's priced at $950.

If I was in the market for a new GPU that $630 6900XT would be might tempting.

At the bottom of the chart ---GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB $700
At the top of the chart --------Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB $700

Means something I just don't know what

Thanks to the UK government's understanding of global economics coming from the back of a shampoo bottle, it's sadly not quite as awesome over the pond. But Amazon has Gigabyte ones for £786, Sapphire ones for £750, and XFX ones for £712.

Except the UK price includes 20% VAT, while the US price doesn't include the sales tax which over there is added during checkout (and varies by state). The US price ($670) with a 20% tax included would be $804, which is £727. So, tax included, the UK price is actually pretty in line with the US price.

The US does have lower sales tax, but it also has significantly worse public services. Whether you like that trade-off comes down to your political opinions.

Hmm I'm hoping the prices don't drop too hard after RDNA 3 launch as I need to pickup a 7800XT and sell my 6800XT :)

I don't have experience with AMD cards, which do you think is the most reliable brand from those or from others? Is XFX low price an indicator of its quality?

The US does have lower sales tax, but it also has significantly worse public services. Whether you like that trade-off comes down to your political opinions.

Most European countries (with just a "couple" of exceptions) have in 2022 horrible public services: the NHS, police, social security, etc etc are all extremely underfunded and work on "charity" from all workers; that is just an example from most European countries where public is going down, so that everything goes private (= USA) on some decades.

If anyone lives in an European country (except Germany, Switzerland and some northern countries), can confirm that most countries are unsafe (police don't care, they are badly paid and as they never will get fired, they care even less; hospitals are a caos and so on and so on...) and everything public is not good.

So at the end please lower my taxes so that I can pay private at least.

If anyone lives in an European country (except Germany, Switzerland and some northern countries), can confirm that most countries are unsafe (police don't care, they are badly paid and as they never will get fired, they care even less; hospitals are a caos and so on and so on...) and everything public is not good.
Personally, I think the public services are actually fairly good over here in the UK. Last month, I walked into a hospital with a small injury and was X-rayed within the hour and had a follow up MRI scan within a couple of weeks. I've also just had my 3rd Corona Virus jab which is fairly good by world standards. I've also had some experience with the health service in Spain and France and can vouch for them too. The police I've met also seem fairly decent. I'll also add, I live in London and feel perfectly safe.

Personally, I think the public services are actually fairly good over here in the UK. Last month, I walked into a hospital with a small injury and was X-rayed within the hour and had a follow up MRI scan within a couple of weeks. I've also just had my 3rd Corona Virus jab which is fairly good by world standards. I've also had some experience with the health service in Spain and France and can vouch for them too. The police I've met also seem fairly decent. I'll also add, I live in London and feel perfectly safe.
Yeah the guys rant was a bit weird as he talks about the EU and then goes on to talk about the NHS, which is, and has always been, a UK thing only.

I've had my email for my third shot but haven't found a good date to book it in yet.

I was really only commenting back to say that I've experienced police in Croatia and they might be the most corrupt police I've ever encountered, apart from that, Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Portugal, Cyprus and the Netherlands have all been varying from fine to lovely but wouldn't call any of them particularly bad except for Cyprus.

Close in price, but the 980Ti was $650 when they launched.
The demand then for the lesser card makes no sense. Too many options, strange to write options are bad, it's what I think though. Cut the lines in half and there is more $ to be made

Yeah the guys rant was a bit weird as he talks about the EU and then goes on to talk about the NHS, which is, and has always been, a UK thing only.
The "guy" was me and I said European countries. The UK (all countries) belongs to Europe FYI, just not anymore to the EU.

EU not the same as Europe. FYI even a part of Russia belongs to Europe...

About the police and Healthcare: I am not talking what happens in an emergency but what happens with regular appointments, controls or with police avoiding robbery, gta, drug abuse, etc.. Perhaps you live in a different reality than me and many of my friends. Also talk with people working for the NHS and ask the working conditions, how long are the shifts, extra hours, aggressions in the emergency rooms, etc............

I don't have experience with AMD cards, which do you think is the most reliable brand from those or from others? Is XFX low price an indicator of its quality?
If you don't overclock, it doesn't really matter what card you get. They all do the same thing.

The "guy" was me and I said European countries. The UK (all countries) belongs to Europe FYI, just not anymore to the EU.

EU not the same as Europe. FYI even a part of Russia belongs to Europe...

About the police and Healthcare: I am not talking what happens in an emergency but what happens with regular appointments, controls or with police avoiding robbery, gta, drug abuse, etc.. Perhaps you live in a different reality than me and many of my friends. Also talk with people working for the NHS and ask the working conditions, how long are the shifts, extra hours, aggressions in the emergency rooms, etc............
In your rant, you specified the NHS as an example for the whole of Europe. Just think about that for a second.

Based on this second comment, I think you have more of an issue with the NHS in the UK than you do with the rest of Europe.

I know several people who work or have worked for the NHS, it sucked to work there 15 years ago and it still sucks now. And I'm talking about being a Nurse or being in the IT department.

Back