Ati, S-video Mess up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty21

I pluged my pc into a generic tc and started to muck around with the settings in Ati control panel and display settings. I chose the tv as the default primary device and ever since my TFT monitor is not working anymore. I couldn't even get the tv to work and now im getting no signal from the monitor. The PC is perfectly fine, it boots then comes the windows loading screen then the monitor goes into stand by mode. So how do i get it to continue and not switch off? I'm assuming it's looking for the generic tv as i set it as the default device?
I'm using xp, i can go into safe moe using the monitor, i can even go into VGA mode, but i can't access Ati control panel for some odd reason.

Any help will be appreciated.

ok i got the problem sorted, well 1/2 sorted. I plugged my Dvi cable into the other dvi port on the GPU and it displays again.

that's the first thing i did after i start using the other dvi port. Might have to re-use the other port to be sure it works now.

i tried that but it didn't reset anything. I even tried VGA mode but when i try to change resolution then the screen goes in to power save mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back