TechSpot

Ati video card will not boot on msi motherboard

By Norm007
Feb 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have purchased an ATI Radeon x1050 video card to install to my msi K9AGM2 motherboard. The motherboard has an on board ATI video card and when I plug the new video card into the PCI express slot the coputer won't boot up at all. I have read right through the motherboard manual in setup to see how to turn off the on board video card but I can't find it. Has menu to turn off usb controller, LAN controller, IEEE controller etc. I found a setting to select primary video controller but when i go into set up it already list PCIE as the primary video controller which is the slot i plug the card into. Computer runs fine with out the new video card but won't boot at all with the new card installed.
  2. Norm007

Norm007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i tired re seating the card again and booting up - the computer gives 8 beeps. Perhaps it's a faulty card
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.