TechSpot

ATI x850Pro Problem

By Jackster
Jan 4, 2006
  1. hey, i just installed an x850 and installed all the catalyst...however green/red lines go across my monitor, and when i load a game, green/red splotches spot up and go away constantly.

any ideas?

2. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

hello

Does your card require a seportate external power source, if so make shore its connected

is the card fermly down in the slot

try the omega drivers as it may be the problem www.omegadrivers.net

if those fail your card could be overheating

take the panel off your case and put a fan blowing in and see if it helps

3. Jackster

Jackster TS Rookie Topic Starter

my card is not overheating, but here is a forum with someone who better explains my problem and has pictures, however it is never resolved:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33838657

i have the artifact problem as soon as windows is loading in start up...plz help if you can

4. swker98

did you try all of my suggestiinos if so the card may be defitive if so exchange it for another

5. Jackster

what do i do with the omega drivers?

6. swker98

uninstall your old ati drivers and install these as imo they are better\more stable
    and could be the answer if not try the fan thing i told you about

if none work send it back for a new one

7. Jackster

would it be possible to chat about this over an instant messenger, so you can walk me through some of these steps if need be? msn messenger= jackstermania@hotmail.com; aol= oogolyman

thanks

8. Jackster

now when i load WoW, green and red squares flash on and off very fast in the same spots across the screen, spaced evenly from each other

9. swker98

could the psu be a problem ( please post the psu specs)

10. Jackster

For some reason, 90% of all the artifacts have somehow disappeared, and the remainder aren't that noticable.

however, now when i load up WoW, certain objects will sometimes flash around and spike...like the text at the sign in screen where it shows the version and buildings in the game will sometimes form into a spike shape and flash around, same for other objects...

any idea on this?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.