Atrix HD accidentally posted early on Motorola's website

Shawn Knight

Staff member

A blunder by Motorola has revealed detailed information and product photos of the upcoming Atrix HD smartphone. Astute observers noticed the phone on Motorola’s website, although the product page has since been pulled from the site. Of course, the specifications and pics were all copied before anyone at Motorola noticed the error.

According to the product page, the Atrix HD packs a 4.5-inch HD display with ColorBoost and onscreen navigation keys, a dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of system memory, 8GB of internal storage with up to 32GB via expandable storage using a microSD card and an 8MP rear camera with 1.3MP front cam. The rear camera is capable of recording 1080p video at 30 frames per second.

motorola atrix leaked motorola atrix hd

The phone will ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a 1780mAh battery and is said to measure 8.4mm thick. A 4G LTE radio will ensure a high-speed data connection. The rear casing is constructed of DuPont Kevlar fiber to increase rigidity and strength while the 4.5-inch screen is coated with Corning Gorilla Glass.

The original Atrix 4G was introduced at the 2011 CES and made available in the first quarter. The handset featured a dual-core Tegra 2 processor but it was most famous for its docking ability. The Atrix could essentially be turned into a computer of sorts using what most considered an overpriced notebook-sized expansion dock.

Consumers can expect to see the Atrix HD launch on AT&T in the US and possibly other carriers, although pricing and a release date were not mentioned.

Permalink to story.

that word "accidentally" is so worn out that its even funny anymore. oh I got another..... " leaked". what about "accidentally leaked"

Never heard of the phone, but when I saw it, I automatically thought AT&T based on the little optical button/pad on the bottom... or am I a dunce...

I don't understand how a company like motorola (once to be THE cell phone company) has the nerve to release a phone which is so out dated. And it supposed to be released in several months. Think about how it looks now compared to the SG3, and how it will look compared to the iPhone5.
Embarrassing...

Back