Audials One 8 / Winamp

circusboy01

You don't have to read this entire post. I already fixed the problem. Drag and drop instead of send to worked great.
I have Audial one 8. It's got things on it I'll probably never figure out how to use. But, that's o.k. The reason I really like it is You can record 7 Radio Stations at once. This builds a playlist really quick. Draw back is. It will only record 1000 songs. Go past 1000 and for every new song that shows up on top. One is deleted from the bottom.
I thought I had the problem licked. You can click on the playlist and get a drop down menu. One of the choices on the menu is send to. one of the choices in send to is Winamp. So I shaded the play list and sent all the songs over to Winamp. It worked great. I started a new playlist in Audial. After I had a lot of songs. I sent them over to Winamp. But, Instead of being added to the songs that were already there. they replaced them. There must be some kind of setting on Winamp that allows you to add songs to the list.Can any one heip? I just thought of something. I wonder if I use drag and drop in stead of Send to. I'll try that.
Thank you for any help you can give Cb

You don't have to read this entire post. I already fixed the problem. Drag and drop instead of send to worked great.
I have Audial one 8. It's got things on it I'll probably never figure out how to use. But, that's o.k. The reason I really like it is You can record 7 Radio Stations at once. This builds a playlist really quick. Draw back is. It will only record 1000 songs. Go past 1000 and for every new song that shows up on top. One is deleted from the bottom.
I thought I had the problem licked. You can click on the playlist and get a drop down menu. One of the choices on the menu is send to. one of the choices in send to is Winamp. So I shaded the play list and sent all the songs over to Winamp. It worked great. I started a new playlist in Audial. After I had a lot of songs. I sent them over to Winamp. But, Instead of being added to the songs that were already there. they replaced them. There must be some kind of setting on Winamp that allows you to add songs to the list.Can any one heip? I just thought of something. I wonder if I use drag and drop in stead of Send to. I'll try that.
Thank you for any help you can give Cb

I was really proud of myself. Because I had fixed the problem with Audial and Winamp with no help. Well I've got another problem.
Transferring songs from Audial to Winamp was going along great. I stopped recording and listened to a couple of song I had sent to Winamp. They sounded great. But. Then I deleted the songs from Audial so I could start recording again
Before I started I decided to listen to another song in Winamp. It wouldn't play
None of the songs would play. The one I chose would light up. Then the one below it and so on. So as long as L keep the songs in Audial. They will play in Winamp. Delete them in Audial and they will not play in Winamp Here's my idea. Hope someone can show me a better solution. Here's my idea. Just don't delete the songs in Audial When you send them to Winamp .Remember the last song on the list. When you want to transfer again just Just transfer the next bunch of songs right below the one you remember..Please a better solution Thanks CB

Problem with Audials one 8 or Winamp

I think I blabbed on and on in Posts #1 & 2, and talked myself out of people taking me serious enough to bother with my problem. I don't blame you.a bit.
I'll try again. When I transfer songs from Audials one 8 to Winamp I have no problems.
But, when I delete those songs in Audial one 8. They will nolonger play in Winamp.' There not deleted in Winamp the song titles are still there. But the music is gone. Is there any thing I can do about this? thanks CB

Sounds like Audials is deleting the files from the hard drive. If they are added to Winamp and are deleted from the drive they will not disappear in Winamp - but rather when you double click to play (or hit play) it will light up for a brief second and then skip to the next song. If that song isn't there it will do the same. Winamp (unlike a lot of other players) will not throw an error if it can't find the song - it just skips it.

I am not familiar with Audials, but perhaps there is a way in the preferences to set it so when you delete from there (its playlist?) it doesn't delete the file from the hard drive.

Sounds like Audials is deleting the files from the hard drive. If they are added to Winamp and are deleted from the drive they will not disappear in Winamp - but rather when you double click to play (or hit play) it will light up for a brief second and then skip to the next song. If that song isn't there it will do the same. Winamp (unlike a lot of other players) will not throw an error if it can't find the song - it just skips it.

I am not familiar with Audials, but perhaps there is a way in the preferences to set it so when you delete from there (its playlist?) it doesn't delete the file from the hard drive.

Yes that's wha'ts happening in Winamp, when I delete the songs in Audial. Audiual must be deleting the songs from the Hard Disk. If it wasn't there would be 1000 songs or so on it. I'll look in preferences like you suggest, and post my findings Thanks CB

2nd part of post: I remembered wrong, I was thinking that the last thing on the drop down menu you get when you right click a desk top short cut was
Preferences.. It's Properties. If Audial has Preferences. Where would I find them. Thanks again CB

3rd part of post. Me again .If I can't find preferences.Or, I find it and it doesn't help. Would this work? Send the songs from Audial to a USB device.unplug the USB device from the PC. Then I could delete the songs in Audial, if I wanted,and it would have no effect on the songs on the USB.
Then I could just listen to them from the USB, or send them to winamp.That should work. Right? One question though if I send the songs from the USB to Winamp. Would they still play in Winamp, after I unplug the USB from my PC/ CB

Your idea in your 3rd part would work. On that note, you could just copy them to a different location on the same drive before deleting through Audials. I wouldn't add them to Winamp until you've moved them to the new location though.

What we might want to look into here is an audio player that can scan dirs for changes, and if something new appears, it adds to the playlist (perhaps Winamp can do this?). That way, you could do something simple like making a new Send To option from Explorer on a right click. Then send your audio files to the dir the media player is watching. If that media player then auto adds it, you might be all set :)

Your idea in your 3rd part would work. On that note, you could just copy them to a different location on the same drive before deleting through Audials. I wouldn't add them to Winamp until you've moved them to the new location though.

What we might want to look into here is an audio player that can scan dirs for changes, and if something new appears, it adds to the playlist (perhaps Winamp can do this?). That way, you could do something simple like making a new Send To option from Explorer on a right click. Then send your audio files to the dir the media player is watching. If that media player then auto adds it, you might be all set :)

Now I have to go back and read the third part again so I can remember what I wrote.:D

On that last part. Sometimes I'm kind of dense. Would you be able to dumb it down for me? Also are you suggesting not using Audial at all? Don't want to do that. Audial is the coolest Media Player I have ever seen I, as of yet, don't know how to use half of it's features. But it has over 50,000 Radio stations, And you can record 7 of them at once. That alone will keep me happy for a long time:)
You know.it seems to me I remember downloading songs to Winamp and transfering them to WMP. or vice versa.Then deleting them from the original, and they would still play in the other. Am I remembering wrong? I don't always grasp everything you try to show me. But, what I do I really appreciate. That goes for all of you. CB

What I meant was, if you had a player that could watch a specific directory. Then if an audio file is added to that directory, the player would add that file to the playlist automatically. I believe foobar2000 does this, I don't know if Winamp can.

The other part, about setting up a Send to.. You'd add a shortcut to a directory you created (that foobar2000 or whatever media player we are scanning a directory with) to place the files before you let Audials delete them. It would (for Win Vista and 7) be C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

What I meant was, if you had a player that could watch a specific directory. Then if an audio file is added to that directory, the player would add that file to the playlist automatically. I believe foobar2000 does this, I don't know if Winamp can.

The other part, about setting up a Send to.. You'd add a shortcut to a directory you created (that foobar2000 or whatever media player we are scanning a directory with) to place the files before you let Audials delete them. It would (for Win Vista and 7) be C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

The reason I'm using Winamp. Is because these are Radio Stations that are being recorded. So naturally there will be duplications. Winamp has a remove Duplications function. But maybe Foobar2000 has one too. CB

Winamp might be able to do it, but just a few days ago I uninstalled Winamp because it no longer did what I wanted in the simple way I was used to from old Winamps. The newer versions may have directory monitoring.. There may be a plugin for it too if it doesn't natively do it...

Winamp might be able to do it, but just a few days ago I uninstalled Winamp because it no longer did what I wanted in the simple way I was used to from old Winamps. The newer versions may have directory monitoring.. There may be a plugin for it too if it doesn't natively do it...

You used to be able to download an older version of Winamp. Is that not possible anymore?

I'm about to tell you a tale of woe, and stupidity. When I'm finished you will either have a good laugh at my expense. Or you will get up from your computer shaking your head and rolling your eyes. I installed fubar2000. Was trying to drag and drop from Audial into fubar. Wouldn't work. Then,don't know how, But over 1000 song started to transfer to my desk top. I thought cool I'll have all that music in a nice little folder on my desk top. You probably already know where this is going. You're right. They didn't go into a folder. They went directly on to my desk top. So it was covered with over 1000 songs. So I started dragging and dropping them into WMP one at a time. Fiest I would drag the song into WMP at it would start playing. Then I would delete the icon from the desk top. This was taking forever because it took a while for the icon to delete. I could have left clicked and dragged a bunch of them into WMP at once. But I would have to go back and delete them from the desktop anyway. After a while,a long while it dawned on me that I could open up a new folder or Briefcase and D&D them into it. Was doing that just as fast as my fingers would work.Accidently dragged control Panel into the folder. While I was dragging it back out. >must have hit something that brought up the Restore your pc to when it was new page. Forgot what it's really called. But, Lenovo is cool there are no restore disks involved.
Well I was real tired of D&D so I went ahead and brought my pc back to like it was brand new. As I was reinstalling things like windows updates and Virus protection and stuff. It dawned on me that I could have left clicked (or is it right)and dragged all the songs into the folder at once,and I didn't need to drag control panel out of the folder I could have done that later.
O.K. now that I have entertained you I have a question. How do I shut off Windows Defender in Windows 7 64 bit? CB

I think you can get older Winamps somewhere, but I used to make it a practice to keep every program installer I downloaded, so I have a few older versions. But I switched to iTunes primarily because I use it to get podcasts, and I like its sharing over the network.

That would suck to have 1000 icons on the desktop. You could have dealt with it by opening up a directory window and then hitting the up a directory arrow until you got to the desktop, then had that in details view so you'd get a list. If you delete the files though, unless WMP is copying them to My Music or another specified folder... If they weren't getting copied elsewhere, then when you delete, even if its still listed in WMP it won't play, because you just deleted the file.

As far as turning Defender off, do you mean security essentials? I think you can just open it up and turn it off that way, but I'm not on my PC right now so I don't the specifics.

I think you can get older Winamps somewhere, but I used to make it a practice to keep every program installer I downloaded, so I have a few older versions. But I switched to iTunes primarily because I use it to get podcasts, and I like its sharing over the network.

That would suck to have 1000 icons on the desktop. You could have dealt with it by opening up a directory window and then hitting the up a directory arrow until you got to the desktop, then had that in details view so you'd get a list. If you delete the files though, unless WMP is copying them to My Music or another specified folder... If they weren't getting copied elsewhere, then when you delete, even if its still listed in WMP it won't play, because you just deleted the file.

As far as turning Defender off, do you mean security essentials? I think you can just open it up and turn it off that way, but I'm not on my PC right now so I don't the specifics.

There's probably a lot of ways, I could have dealt with it that are all better than how I handled it. Including yours. I hope I never have to use any of them.. I got Defender turned off through Start All Programs.L did lose all of the songs, and if I want to try to get them back. I have to buy Audial CB

Good news

For me anyway.I thought I had lost Audial and all my songs,When I brought my PC back to like it just came from the factory ( never can remember the correct terminology) Decided I wanted to download it again. When the page came up the first thing I noticed license recovery. I used it got my player back,and,here's the best part.
I got all my songs back too. I'm a happy old man. CB

More Good News

Since I got Audial 8 back, I have been transferring them to WMP. Unlike Winamp, where the songs wouldn't play if you deleted them in Audial. I deleted every single song I had in Audial, and they all still play in WMP
Actually I haven't been dragging the songs straight to WMP. L drag them from Audials, To a briefcase I have titled My Music. Whenever I open it up to play a song. It plays in WMP

Back