Audio books

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanem

I have downloaded a number of audio books. They are all MP3 files and are listed CD1 Track1 through to CD9 Track 5 in some cases. I want to play these files on my MP3 player but when I load them the playing order goes haywire. Usually the opening chapter is OK then the rest are in random order. The player is not set for random play (I wish it was that easy). Is there anybody that can help me? I have posted this topic on various forums with no replies but I was advised to try the pros so here I am!

I was going to say that the Technica is very limited in it's uses. Is this the 256MB model. My 2GB iPOD Shuttle has no problems playing audio books

Thanks for getting in touch and yes they are named exactly that but I set up another folder renaming them in numerical order eg Title 01.mp3 etc just in case. But I've got to tell you that after the response from Tmagic650 I borrowed a 1GB Ipod Shuffle and loaded the files manually and bingo all ok. Now I have to ask can you only put audio books on Ipods. If so why is that?

No, you should be able to play them on anything that plays mp3s. Did you try the iPod after renaming the tracks or with the same names as prior?

If you are open to renaming, I would start them with 01 whatever, 02 whatever, ect. Then see if your current mp3 player can handle them.

alanem said:
Thanks for getting in touch and yes they are named exactly that but I set up another folder renaming them in numerical order eg Title 01.mp3 etc just in case. But I've got to tell you that after the response from Tmagic650 I borrowed a 1GB Ipod Shuffle and loaded the files manually and bingo all ok. Now I have to ask can you only put audio books on Ipods. If so why is that?

After doing Google searches on the Technika ML2, it was obivious that a lot of people had trouble with this MP3 player. This has to do with it's internal memory controller. It is just a matter of replacing the Technika with something better. The Apple iPods have been very popular for a long time. My iPod Shuttle is very simple and it has 2GB of storage. It was also a gift

Thanks for taking all the time and trouble to help me. The files on the iPod had been renamed and rather than go through all 37 files again I'll try 6 or so and rename them as you suggest then see how I go on with my player. For sure the person who gave it to me didn't like me very much!!!

I renamed 7 files as suggested by SNGX1275 with a simpler title and whoopee it worked so the secret seems to be use my wife's iPod when I can because I also successfully loaded the original files with the original names manually (marvellous what you can learn by reading the manual) or use my player with renamed simple titles also loaded manually. So thanks all round mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back