Audio Card

Mark Fuller

I am looking to upgrade my video card to a pcie or maybe a usb. I am looking to spend about $250 to $275. I have a hp pavilion d4100y with a 3.2 ghz processor and 4 gb ram. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Your question is pretty confusing. The title indicated your question is about an Audio/Sound card. But, in your actual question you mention upgrading your Video card. Which exactly would you like suggestions for? A budget of $275 would be a good start for either of the components.

That PC is very ancient. That PC was considered VERY high end in 2005, but it is nothing worth talking about nowadays. The system will bottleneck a high end audio card.

I don't understand why you have $250 to throw away on an audio card, yet you don't have top of the line current-gen PC. What, you have Bose speaker setup or something too? :\

Why do you need the card?

I don't understand why you have $250 to throw away on an audio card, yet you don't have top of the line current-gen PC. What, you have Bose speaker setup or something too? :\

Why do you need the card?

The PC he has was a high end workstation in 2005. It had the newly released dual cores in them. I think he is under the impression it is still high end.

Audio cards aren't recommended unless you have $300 monitors plugged to them, or have a need for an audio card that encodes into Dolby Digital Live for use with home theatre surround systems across optical.

Back