Audio Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfius

Ok this is for the Audio guys :p I have an X-Fi fatality card and for some reason everyonce in a while I have to take it out and plug it in again to work and yesterday I unplugged the speakers and suddenly and PC restarted and it didnt recognize the card,,, any idea?

Maybe?

Off the top of my head, it sounds like like the card is not seating properly, or fully. Ha ve you checked the "golden fingers" on its base to be sure they are are clean and intact? Or, perhaps it could be the PCI slot at fault. Have you tried it in a different slot?

The only reason I can think of that your PC might restart on removing the speaker cables is that it wiggled the card loose. Do you have it secured in place with a screw where the outputs are?

I'm no expert, but I have the XFi Xtreme Music (basically the same except for the front panel), and have had no such problems. There is always the possibility that the card is defective- can you try it in another system?

Not much help, but some ideas. Good luck!:grinthumb

Sup man, yeah I think its from the motherboard itself maybe cause now even replugging the card doesnt seem to work... the drivers are installed, and it detects an audio card "which is the x-fi" but when I try to install it it says the drivers are already installed...hmmm I will try uninstalling it and installing it again and see what happeneds,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back