Audio driver help

Status
Not open for further replies.

guachochilo

i need to know which audio driver i need for this pc, i used everest to get the information, here is the report:

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Motherboard Name Intel Bay Field D865GBF / Hazelton D865GVHZ / La Crosse D865GLC/D865PELC / Rock Harbor D865GRH

Motherboard Chipset Intel Morgan Hill i865GV
System Memory 496 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (12/15/04)
Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

hope this helps, i already tried downloading the driver from realtek but it doesnt work.

update: i already tried this driver: ADI* 1985 Driver before but still didnt work, i got this message:
driver not found, reboot your system , and run this setup again

thanks for the help

Usually EVEREST will list the web site for the manufacturer and sometime even the page for the drivers. Failing that, do a Google on 'Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 driver download' and see what comes up.

-- Andy

still having problems

when i installed the AUD_ALLOS_5.10.0.6020_PV_RealtekAC97 driver i get this:

the driver version is older than the system one

well these are the latest
So I suspect you have a Vista driver installed

You may need to go to Safe mode to remove this fully from device manager

when i go to device manager, i see that the multimedia audio controller has an exclamation mark on it, and it is not working properly. the driver version is
5.10.0.6270 from realtek

should i uninstall that one and install this one: Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs Driver R1.84 or this one Realtek AC97 Audio Codec Driver A3.97 based on my pc info:

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Motherboard Name Intel Bay Field D865GBF / Hazelton D865GVHZ / La Crosse D865GLC/D865PELC / Rock Harbor D865GRH

Motherboard Chipset Intel Morgan Hill i865GV
System Memory 496 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (12/15/04)
Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

ok i did uninstall the one with the exclamation mark, but when i tried to install the driver AUD_ALLOS_5.10.0.6020_PV_RealtekAC97 which is the one for my xp pro, it is still telling me that the driver version is older than the system one

You may need to go to either add/remove programs to locate any sound Realtec programs installed, and uninstall

Or you may need to go to Safe mode and uninstall through device manager again

so should i remove all of the options that i get under sound,video, and game controllers;
- audio codecs
-legacy audio drivers
-legacy video capture devices
-media control devices
-video codecs

and then install the driver i got from you, just to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back