TechSpot

Audio Issue

By JumpStart02
Jun 22, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have no audio.

It began as so, My computer froze one night, which rarely happens. So I rebooted it by holding the button on my tower. I turn it on then this screen pops up, with a few options.

Starts Windows Manually, and a few others. I clicked each and all it did was restart my pc.

I clicked System Options before it got to the screen above, It was something like System recovery. Anyways it worked, My whole computer was brand new. I had to register my name, where i bought it, etc.

But then.. I could no longer play games, its video card was gone. It had no audio, and the programs it originally came with were gone.

I have the OS disk, which I heard is what I need to re-install everything. But when i put it in, and restart my pc nothing occurs. I heard I need to edit my BIOS, but I do not know which. Can anyone help? Id appreciate it.

Should I just return it to the manufacturer? I still have the warranty.
  2. Fragrant Coit

Fragrant Coit TS Maniac Posts: 579

It sounds like you've rolled it back to a point when no Drivers were installed.

Did you get a Disc with Drivers on? If so, run it & it'll sort it all out, otherwise you may have to go to the manufacturers website and download / install them.
  3. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,423   +7

Device Names

You havn't named 1 Device or OS.
    Try again.
    It sound like a complete system with no way except to take it where
    you bought it.You need manuals and installation cd discs.
    :rolleyes:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.