Audio jack problem

The audio jack on my Acer laptop isn't working properly. When I plug in my headphones the sound is working but the laptop speakers are working at the same time and Realtek nor Windows aren't sensing that any headphones are plugged in.

This is what Realtek Audio Manager looks like with or without my headphones plugged in.

realtekmanager.jpg

And this is what Sound in Control Panel looks like.

sound.jpg

It sounds like a hardware issue - when you plug the phones in, the plug should deflect a contact in the socket, either breaking the connection to the speakers, or tripping a circuit which does that electronically. If you can access the works of the socket, you may be able to fix it by bending the contact (slightly!) so it works, else replace the socket.
Hope this helps :)

It sounds like a hardware issue - when you plug the phones in, the plug should deflect a contact in the socket, either breaking the connection to the speakers, or tripping a circuit which does that electronically. If you can access the works of the socket, you may be able to fix it by bending the contact (slightly!) so it works, else replace the socket.
Hope this helps :)

Thank you! I'll give that a try!

Back