Audio not working on recently wiped PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegisrose

Greetings Techspot...
I've recently wiped a PC, reinstalled Win XP on it, and all is running well... except I don't have audio. I realized I did not update those drivers. I think they are on board my mobo, and the sound is part of the nForce4 AMD chipset. I'm not very familiar with this mobo or how to install drivers for onboard components. I've attached a txt file with my PC specs.

I see HERE on your site there is an NVIDIA MCP04, but I'm not sure if that's what I need...

Can anyone assist? THANKS!

You likely need to reinstall the audio drivers...

We would need to know the brand and model of PC, as well as the age of it, to advise you. But it is usually as simple as downloading one or two files, then install ing them... once we know the exact device you have installed.

I see HERE on your site there is an NVIDIA MCP04, but I'm not sure if that's what I need...

Can anyone assist? THANKS!
I don't know if this could be considered help but, the "Nvidia MCP04" is absolutely NOT the driver for your audio. It's a SATA RAID driver for hard disk drives.

Nvidia's site lists your board as a "legacy" product, which is a nice way of saying it's old and discontinued. They don't show any audio drivers. I also checked for "Aegis" computers and got an error when I tried to visit their site. If you have any info on the manufacturer's web address, that's where to begin your search.

If this Machine has "restore discs" or it came with any additional CDs the drivers may be located on them.

I happened to find this link for nforce4 drivers. But please review and install at your own risk! (i.e. for one thing, make sure your stuff is backed up before trying it)

You likely need to reinstall the audio drivers...

We would need to know the brand and model of PC, as well as the age of it, to advise you. But it is usually as simple as downloading one or two files, then install ing them... once we know the exact device you have installed.

I dunno if you had the chance to look at the txt doc I attached... this is an old PC. Purchased late 2005 or early 2006. It was originally purchased through Cyberpower PC and it has most of the original pieces.

I don't know if this could be considered help but, the "Nvidia MCP04" is absolutely NOT the driver for your audio. It's a SATA RAID driver for hard disk drives.

Oh.. I get it... my bad.

Nvidia's site lists your board as a "legacy" product, which is a nice way of saying it's old and discontinued. They don't show any audio drivers. I also checked for "Aegis" computers and got an error when I tried to visit their site. If you have any info on the manufacturer's web address, that's where to begin your search.

Oh lovely... an antique. LOL!
FYI~ the Aegis computers is just the name I gave it. As in the network name, PC name etc. Aegis is my tech alias for everything.

If this Machine has "restore discs" or it came with any additional CDs the drivers may be located on them.

Sadly, no restore discs are available. This poor machine has seen better days.

I happened to find this link for nforce4 drivers. But please review and install at your own risk! (i.e. for one thing, make sure your stuff is backed up before trying it)

Thanks for finding this... I've been looking around for exactly that.

I'll scope it out... thankfully, this machine was JUST re-imaged and I have nothing on it yet. I can blast it away if need be (though I rather not!)

Thanks a ton

Hey Guys~

Before I forget.. that set of drivers for my legacy nForce4 motherboard did the trick! Everything is running SUPERB. I'm so glad!!

Thanks everyone for all your assistance!!! Have an AWESOME New Year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back