Audio not working, Windows XP

Hi,

I'm currently running a Samsung NP305E5A-A03US laptop with Windows XP. After some intense searching I managed to find all the drivers for it (the Samsung website only has Win7 drivers). The last driver I found was for the Realtek HD Audio.

Immediately after the audio driver was installed the sound started working. I was getting Windows sounds as well as music. I rebooted the system so Windows could install an update (I don't know which update), and when the desktop came back up, the sound wasn't working again.

According to control panel everything, is working fine. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver again, but nothing works. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Well first off, you don't want to try and use to many driver packs or sets that are meant for more up to date and modern Operating Systems. When it comes to Windows XP, it seems to only like drivers, packs and sets that were written for it. Sometimes you can try to get away with installing a Windows Vista driver if the (bit) option is right, but that's like a 30% will work and 70% it won't work proposition. I don't know if what I've found will help your cause, but I did happen to find a Realtek HD Audio Driver that is meant for Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP and Windows 2003.

Here's The Driver............"just click"!
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/REALTEK/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-147.shtml

I hope this pans out for you, if not, and this doesn't do the trick for you, just keep searching the Internet for a audio driver that is meant for Windows XP.

Good Luck

Thanks Zen,

I installed the driver you posted after first uninstalling the other audio drivers and their related programs.

Unfortunately it didn't fix my problem. The Device Manager says my audio is working and I have the volume control available in the task-launch bar. Everything appears to be working, but no sound.

I am currently dual-booting Windows XP and Windows 7. Everything works perfectly in 7 so I know it's not a hardware problem.

might you have more then one sound card installed? Control Panel->Sounds->Audio Tab. Is there more then one default device selection? If so, make sure the right device is selected

Hi,
I dual booted my laptop NP305E5A-S01CA with Windows 7 (preinstalled) and Windows XP 64-bit. Was able to install properly all drivers except for the video, it came with ATI Radeon HD 6470m and 6520G, I've downloaded and tried many drivers, but it still has yellow ! in device drivers, hardware could not start error code 10, something like that. May I ask where did you get the drivers you used? TIA

Hi,
I have dell latitude d630, I recentely installed win 7 on it , it was working fine, than I switched to win xp and as a result its volume icon disapears, sound derivers is also installed but it says that device is missing, when I again switched from xp to win 7, again everything is p working perfectly fine. kind resolve the issue for win x

Back