Audio problem

[FONT=arial]Hello, I have problem with my sound. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Few days ago during "cleaning" my computer sounds mystically gone. I have tried to install it from my original motherboard CD, it went till 100% and then error poped up "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again" . So I did like they said, but still same. I went to google about this like everyone, after spending hours with not solving problem I decided completely reinstall my windows xp which used to work like a charm in the past. So after losing all my data and reinstalling windows I went install my audio again I SAW THIS STUPID ERROR AGAIN "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again.". I was extremely pissed. So now I am sitting without sounds and hope anyone can help me to solve it. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]My sounds drivers SoundMAX, I use Windows XP.[/FONT]

Probably there are thousand of threads like this no sound and etc but nothing helped me.
[FONT=arial]Thanks for any information that could be helpful. [/FONT]

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

Back