Audio problem

By carot1d
Nov 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I have problem with my sound.

Few days ago during "cleaning" my computer sounds mystically gone. I have tried to install it from my original motherboard CD, it went till 100% and then error poped up "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again" . So I did like they said, but still same. I went to google about this like everyone, after spending hours with not solving problem I decided completely reinstall my windows xp which used to work like a charm in the past. So after losing all my data and reinstalling windows I went install my audio again I SAW THIS STUPID ERROR AGAIN "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again.". I was extremely pissed. So now I am sitting without sounds and hope anyone can help me to solve it.

My sounds drivers SoundMAX, I use Windows XP.

Probably there are thousand of threads like this no sound and etc but nothing helped me.
    Thanks for any information that could be helpful.
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

List any Problem devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
    Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
      ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
      ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
    • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.