Audio problems - Acer Aspire T180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am having trouble with the sound on my computer, as in I have none!

The computer type is an Acer Aspire T180.

I used to have sound and then suddenly one day I didn't and I'm not sure how I lost it. But when I went into the system I had an error message saying that I did not have the correct software to install 'Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus' with a yellow exclamation mark.

I came on here and saw that I needed to download the correct drive, so I went to the Acer website and downloaded the Audio Drive, which in turn downloaded 'Realtek HD Audio Manager.'

When I went back to the system the 'Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus' has gone. I have tried all possible solutions on Windows help but nothing!

Please help! I have been trying to solve this problem for hours and am ready to give up! Any suggestions?

I shouldn't need to buy anything because the sound was already there before something happened. It's just a case of changing something or downloading the thing I lost.
Can anyone help with what I need to do?

No Sound

I Have no Sound, I down loeded a sound driver and that did not help. I checked my CPU control panel and my keyboard. Help :)

You could try deleting the audio device (it may have a yellow asterix) in the Device Manager and restarting your computer to see if Windows will automatically reinstall the sound driver.

On-board sound fails just like anything else. One day it works, next day it doesn't. If you reinstalled Windows, and reinstalled your sound drivers, but still have no sound, what else can you do? Either buy a USB audio stick or a PCI sound card. Both these items can cost less than $20 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back