Audio/ Video/ Games skipping

Sometimes during videos or playing video games the audio and the video seems to skip or stutter, it sounds almost like its being remixed. This is quite annoying when gaming, especially online, considering the effect is somewhat similar to experiencing lag. I am not talking about frame-rate, other than this strange problem I have fairly high frames. The skipping seems to be completely random and it seems to come and go, sometimes I can go a few weeks and it wont happen and I will forget about the problem, then it just randomly starts happening again. My system has fairly high specs, 3.4ghz AMD Phenom II quad core, 4gb of ddr3 ram, and an ATI Radeon HD 4870 1gb gddr5 graphics card, all on Windows 7 professional 64bit. I know for fact my system can handle the games I am playing. I have tried a few things already, made sure cords and connections were stable, ran dxdiag and chkdsk, and windows memory diagnostic, all came out with no problems detected, also i updated the drivers for my video and audio cards and I still had the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

What is the source of your updated video drivers and did you uninstall (through Programs and Features) the old driver before installing the new one?

Back