TechSpot

Audio volume is going crazy

By Tarheel
Apr 12, 2009
  1. On my laptop when I click on the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner, the volume will not stay where I put it... I slide it up and it automatically goes back to zero.... I tried changing it in the control panel and still have the same problem... My driver says it is working fine .... Did a system restore and that did not fix the problem either.... What can be going on here.... I downloaded the driver again and still no fix....HELP!!!!!

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,374   +167

Wow. That is a pretty crazy problem (hadn't heard of that one before!)

But if you'd like assistance you really need provide much more detail (e.g. your laptop mfr/model, Windows OS version and SP level, specs on your sound card and driver, etc)

3. trithumb

trithumb TS Rookie Posts: 77

make sure you didnt hit the mute button on ur keyboard... If u hit the mute button on ur keyboard then try 2 adjust the volume its gonna reset back to zero... check if the mute is on if it is turn it off and try again...

4. Tarheel

Tarheel TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Mute is not on...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.