TechSpot

Auslogics Disk Defrag feedback

By IanDSamson
Dec 5, 2009
  1. Tough, that's what computers are for!

Feedback: Auslogics Disk Defrag 3.1.1.80 DOES NOT WORK. BEWARE. System information says it's okay for W2K/XP but when one tries to run it in W2K SP4, error says it has to run on NT 5.x or whatever. DUH! What is Windows 2000 if it isn't NT5?

In my experience (since 1982) the only defrag utility that was any good ever is Norton SpeedDisk.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

The Auslogics home page, states: 7/Vista/2008/XP/2003, 32-bit and 64-bit and dual-core CPU supported.

TechSpot downloads states: Windows 2k/XP

Thanks, for letting us know.

Edit: Title change

3. IanDSamson

IanDSamson TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 29

Yeah, I guess it is too confusing, but I saw another with the same title and had to grab people's attention by duplicating it. Perhaps no one would read the Auslogics Disk Defrag 3.1.1.80 title.:wave:

4. kimsland

That's strange to say

All topics are read, just in case ;) In case of anything
    And especially "Site Feedback and Suggestions" by our Admin

I have already notified him about the "downloads" issue on this program

Please create concise and accurate Titles to all your New Topics in future

5. IanDSamson

okay, okay, okay! I heard you the first time

clear and concise I hear you! Okay okay okay. Geezus, give me a flippin' break.

6. kimsland

I said concise and accurate :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

7. IanDSamson

CONCISE AND ACCURATE? I wonder if Microsoft could ever do anything that is both CONCISE AND ACCURATE?

8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I don't particularly care for that defragmenter. Try defraggler. It's made by the same guys that make crap cleaner. And it is free.

9. IanDSamson

Thanks

Thanks, Tedster. I will go check & report back, hopefully if my HDD doesn't crash.

10. pimpmypc

pimpmypc TS Rookie Posts: 111

I just got auslogics disk defrag seems like my computer is faster. defraggler is good too

11. IanDSamson

Defraggler

Defraggler almost blew my hard disk. I defragged the boot drive in error and it took me about 3 hours to restore my laptop. I was not amused. I have since uninstalled the app. Why does FIrefox et.al., so frequently say "not responding"? The Microsoft site is totally useless for answers. Every app frequently says "not responding". Why?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.