TechSpot

Auto Detect Entering Power Save

By Partian Shot
Oct 11, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey.

Every time my PC changes resolution (eg. to run a fullscreen game) I get the message:

"Auto Detect
    Entering Power Save"​

It flashes in the middle of the screen for about four or five seconds, then the screen resolution is changed.

My PC's pretty new, pretty fast and it's running Windows Vista Home Edition.

So it's annoying that I have to wait 5 seconds to just switch windows between a game and other applicationns. Never had this trouble with my old XP. :/

Could anybody shed some light on this problem? Thanks!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,840   +165

Your computers video driver or your monitor is causing this. Try another monitor first
  3. Partian Shot

Partian Shot TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

You think I should just buy a whole new moniter? o_0
  4. Tmagic650

If you can't borrow one to try first. What if your current monitor is good and it is the computers fault?
  5. Partian Shot

Partian Shot TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 73

Well, tbh if it means spending money or lots of effort then it's not worth it...

It's just a minor inconveniance, after all...
  6. Tmagic650

Ok, it is much easier to borrow a friend or neighbors monitor for testing... but if you can live with it for now, good luck
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.