auto-restart problem

By mr666
Sep 14, 2005
  1. hello,

my pc keeps auto-restarting.. i hav already un-checked the auto-restart function in startup n recovery section..

nway on the event viewer - system im getting this error..

event id 7000

The ADSL USB Modem Loader service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

the modem im using is azech dsl turbo 100U.. i also tried uninstalling and re-install the program, update to latest drivers but im still having the auto-restart problem..

can anyone tell me or show me where can i find a solution for this problem.. thanks in advance!
  2. mr666

mr666 TS Rookie Topic Starter

im hoping someone could look into my minidump to see what is the problem.. :(
  3. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

Hi MR666,

The culprit is bad paging space. Re-allocate the paging space.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
    Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
    system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
    longer function.
    Arg1: 00000003, Process
    Arg2: 8442f668, Terminating object
    Arg3: 8442f7dc, Process image file name
    Arg4: 805c7478, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
    PROCESS_OBJECT: 8442f668
    IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe
    MODULE_NAME: csrss
    FAULTING_MODULE: 00000000

EXCEPTION_RECORD: f771b9d8 -- (.exr fffffffff771b9d8)
    ExceptionAddress: 75b7b129
    ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)
    ExceptionFlags: 00000000
    NumberParameters: 3
    Parameter[0]: 00000008
    Parameter[1]: 75b7b129
    Parameter[2]: c000000e
    Inpage operation failed at 75b7b129, due to I/O error c000000e

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - <Unable to get error code text>
    PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
    ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - "0x%08lx"
    IO_ERROR: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - <Unable to get error code text>
    EXCEPTION_STR: 0xc0000006_c000000e
  4. mr666

thank your for the reply..

but can you tell me how do i do that.. im not really familar wth the system and stuff.. :blush:
  5. mr666

still unable to figure it out.. someone pls help..
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  7. mr666

may i know which area to look into.. i dont know what is the problem..
  8. cpc2004

1. Go to "Start", "Settings", "Control Panel", "System", "Advanced" tab, in the "Performance" section select "Settings", "Advanced" tab, in the "Virtual Memory" section select "Change". Change the values to 0.

2. Delete c:\pagefile.sys

3. Reboot windows

4. Go to "Start", "Settings", "Control Panel", "System", "Advanced" tab, in the "Performance" section select "Settings", "Advanced" tab, in the "Virtual Memory" section select "Change". Change the values to 1.5 * memory size
  9. mr666

ok i did like what u said

1st i set the value to 0 then i went into my c drive but i couldnt find pagefile.sys anywhere.. so i resume to restart and set the value from 0 to 672 and my ram according to system is 448.. but later on i had the autorestart.. where did i go wrong? or do i have to set the value according to my actuall ram size which is 512 (768) ??

my system is as follow:
    AMD Sempron(tm) 2500+ 1.41 Ghz Processer
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Motherbord
    448 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM of ram
    BIOS: AMI 08/03/05

since this didnt work.. i start over instruction 1 and run c: /f /r and after reboot it completed the scan.. then i set back the value again from 0 to 672.. and reboot again.. but after awhile it restarted again..
  10. cpc2004

Hi mr666,

The paging space is hidden files and you have to change your windows to display the hidden files.

Use the following command
    Enter command prompt
    cd C:
    dir /ah

Your latest attached dump is on 15th Sep ??
  11. mr666

yes altho i just got a auto-restart my latest minidump is stiil on 15th sept.. im really getting confused..

may i also know what should i key in for my initial size and maximum size as for the virtual memory ?

and i do have extra hard disk, do i hav to set paging file size for them as well ?
  12. mr666

looking at my 1st post, i have a error in the system log about my modem.. so i decided to uninstall the whole thing but im stiile getting auto-restarts but there are no errors on the system log.. do let me know if u need any other info of my pc.

please, this is urgent.. i already have many assigments put to hold because this problem.. thank you in advance again for you kind attention..
  13. cpc2004

You only provide a minidump. Base upon the minidump, I find out this is paging space problem. You must do some research at this forum or google to look for the solution of your problem.

Maybe your windows have multiple culprits. You must supply more information. I don't have a crystal ball to see what happen when your windows crash. If you suspect it is modem problem, do some research at google and check whether your problem is related to modem or not.

If it is urgent problem, take your PC to cmputer shop or call microsoft. This is free forum and we provide support when we are free. Don't expect we can provide support faster and better than microsoft.
  14. swduffy

swduffy TS Rookie

Quick Question

What tool are you using to interpet the minidump files?

15. Dominique

Dominique TS Rookie

As i saw you read dump as a guru I have mine in a thread under Windows OS:

What is issue? It is happening on all Windows 2000 workstations when I try to connect remotely and if the user trying to login does not have already a profile created locally....

Thank you,
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.