Auto-Restarting before desktop loads..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed BioShock on my windows XP, it asked 2 restart.. everything loads fine untill the desktop loads.. the screen goes black and the comp restarts. I am able to move my mouse to the start button but it restarts within a second so can't access anything without it restarting. What can I do? I need to keep alot of my comps files.

Try booting into "Safe Mode" and see it lets you in without rebooting on you. Once you're in, uninstall BioShock for the time being and see if your PC will boot Windows normally.

If you can't get into "Safe Mode", try the "Last Known Good Configuration".

Try starting in Safe Mode (by repeatively hitting F8 at system startup)

Then unning a checkdisk on the drive.
Otherwise a Windows Repair may need to be done. (This should not lose any data files - unless you have viruses too!)

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

I started the computer, clicked F8 over and over untill a screen asked me to select boot device... SM-DVDROM, SS-Samsung CDRW, or Intel raid0... i choose Intel Raid0 and the comp boots as normal then same problem with restarting occurs once desktop loads... Is this theonly way to get it to safe mode? It doesnt seem to give me an option to get it into Safe Mode... I am confused :(

I kept trying and got it into SafeMode,now I realize what I did wrong is I installed "Amd Dual Core Timing Fix" how does one go about getting rid of this?

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC000005, 0xF6D35CAE,0xA663B54, 0x0000000)

Then it says>>

*** AMDLLD.sys- Address F6d35CAE..........

so It mentions the AMD.. which apparently is what is causing the error. Hmm

Why some computer manufactures used F8 for their bootup sequence is beyond me.

Once you select your harddrive, just repeatively press F8 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back