autochk.exe not found, however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

I have a PC that goes into an endless reboot cycle due to autochk not being found, as described here (techspot thread . It would appear to be the partition table case, not the bad hotfix case, caused by diskeeper.

The problem, however, is that the disk in question is a dynamic disk, and the partitions in question are type 42, so using ptedit may damage the contents of the drive if I switch it to type 07 as described.

Is there anyone out there that has a fix for this case?

UPDATE: Partition Magic resue disks can't do anything with dynamic disks, all operations are disabled and no individual partitions are visible.

UPDATE 2: ERD Commander doesn't seem to work either...trying to log into the windows installtion reports that all 4 hives are missing, even though I can browse the hard disk. Very perplexing. This means that I have no way to actually edit the registry to try the potential solution described in other threads.

UPDATE 3: The windows recovery console doesn't seem to understand the correct size of the drive...it's reporting a 250GB drive as 131GB. This is starting to make me angry now.

Autochk not found but boots up fine

:( Downloaded Mic. hotfixes but i dont have kb824105 in add and remove programes. Have a used Dell 4500 my first computer and im a newbee only had it 4 months learn by trying things out. I need some tec help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back