Avance AC'97 Audio

By angelic00
Nov 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No sound is coming from my Avance AC'97 Onboard audio device. Everything is enabled properly and there are no hardware conflicts. All I did was reboot, and all of a sudden - no sound! My computer is almost literally falling apart :(

I've already tried going through the Help and Support wizard on Windows XP, but it didn't help any. Can anyone help me with my sound problem please? I miss my music :(
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,681   +153

Does the device manager show any yellow exclamations? You might need to install a PCI or USB sound card/device. Sometimes on-board sound just fails suddenly
  3. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

In addition to looking through device manager, click Start->Run, enter dxdiag

Look at the sound tab. Does it list your sound card?
  4. angelic00

angelic00 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 46

I fixed it already. I have my computer at decent working condition for normal use (E.G. browsing the internet). I can listen to music and everything else now.

Turns out it was my DVD Burner that caused numerous conflicts. It also ended up destroying my video card. I have a topic about my video card error in this section of the forums as well if you could take a look at it.

Thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.