1. Avast IS 6

40.0%
  2. Kaspersky IS 12

60.0%
By Arsh de Grand
Feb 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. so title says all :)
    well i have used KIS 11 but not 12 but umm for real KIS 11 is king of lag lol
    but today on net i am reading an articul about KIS 12 and it says it got better performance then KIS11 so what your info about KIS 12 .
    and avast IS 6 is right now my main antivirus and its subscription is about to expire in 15 days and now i have choice .

so what you guys say , which is better ?
    for my experience avast is like feather on system but still KIS got better detection rate.
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,093   +223

In all honesty, I've never used kaspersky.
    I'm currently using the latest Avast free & totally 100% love it.:)
  3. Hashim56

Hashim56 Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

Avast is best
  4. learninmypc

I've noticed the time to do a FULL scan with the new version has gone to 2 hrs & 58 minutes for me. It was maybe 90 minutes. No infections of course.:)
  5. Saira

Saira Newcomer, in training

I've used Kaspersky for a couple years now and my PC couldn't be more secure or safe. The new `safe money' feature's brilliant if you use places like Ebay and Amazon.
  6. learninmypc

Since this thread is almost one year old, I'm still highly recommending Avast & I got it here

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.