I'm not sure if your version of Firefox as an avatar is the best anyway (Note: member now changed avatar picture)
Avatars should really be individualized to represent you, in my view

I believe the size is acceptable (being used by thousands of members here already without issue)
I have seen other boards with larger allowed avatars, and it looks horrible, again in my view ;)

Well I use Firefox and have been for years since it was known as Phoenix so it sort of represents me. But that was not the point of this topic now was it? Neowin uses 80 x 80 pixel Avatars and their Forum does not look horrible. So because thousand have used the size that you have here, then maybe this section for suggestions should be closed as obviously it does not do any good to suggest anything-in your view.:rolleyes:

The reason I asked as I want to use a different Avatar but they are hard to find in the size that this forum uses. Resizing them to the size you use here makes them look kind of strange.

Your original post up there was not a question :confused: or suggestion
It as a statement

I replied to that

As a suggestion, it is good
Admin will need to reply on that

There is no reason to get mad at kimsland here. This section is for site comments and suggestions, and we take them. I've seen stuff suggested in this forum that has been implemented.

But I do think maybe its a bit inappropriate for a person who doesn't seem to dedicate much effort to helping the forum improve (register in April 2006 and 12 posts before this thread?).

There is no reason to get mad at kimsland here. This section is for site comments and suggestions, and we take them. I've seen stuff suggested in this forum that has been implemented.

But I do think maybe its a bit inappropriate for a person who doesn't seem to dedicate much effort to helping the forum improve (register in April 2006 and 12 posts before this thread?).

I was not mad at anyone, I should have worded my suggestion better.

him; common system sizes are 16x16, 32x32, and 64x64. Our 40x40 is rare, but the
community seems to have adjusted well enough :)

I like it at the current size, which is apparently 40x40. I dislike having large Avatars, as most forums that have larger sizes are far to "kiddish" looking.

Well, that and the fact that posts are already quite large sometimes.

I'm not of the minimalist type but I certainly prefer a clean looking forum, so the current avatars seem to be just about fine in size before they start to disrupt reading.

There are some other forums that do away without them completely, but because some members favor avatars heavily (and for good reasons) I have kept them as an option.

Back