AVG 7, back-up to disc.

By Maurice
Feb 7, 2005
  1. Have just investigated, but not used yet, the back-up to disc facility on the new free AVG7, brilliant! now I shan't have to go through Nero, to do this, I found this method difficult, obviously most members probably won't, but you know me, struggling, getting old, & not well, so this new way is an absolute boon.
    Any comment on it, have AVG7 users tried it yet?, your views are, as usual, appreciated.

2. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 646

As a follow-up to my last posting on this thread,no replies as yet [??] can I run this past you guys, it's a rescue disk, not a back-up, by the way, as I previously said, here is the "blurb" that they give on the rescue disk wizard;--
    **Please note what they say in the last section, "on floppy", too large for that, surely, or perhaps you feed in several?, then there's "user defined folder" am I correct in thinking that if there is a crash, how could I access this folder?
    Help out my weary mind, this is making me ask myself why I got a computer, but I'm danged if I'm going to give it up yet!!

Thanks, Maurice

"The rescue disk enables you to scan & clean files in MS.DOS mode [at the command prompt]"

Next;- "Choose either AVG free edition files, or back-up file of your computer's system area"

Next;- "Enter the file name & description of the system area back-up file, the default name is systab rsst"

Next, & lastly, " Rescue disk to be created on either floppy**, or user defined folder**"
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.