Avg/avira/malawarebytes will not update

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i am not the best with computers.
i used Avira AntiVir Personal (free version) and about 3 weeks ago it could not update .
So i uninstalled it and put on AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition which also would not update.
Avast would not install. i managed to find pc tools antivirus which allegedly does update and seems fine. Is this antivirus any good?
but i would like to know why none f the others would not update!!!

re adware i use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and this would not update so now use adadware which updates fine

just wondering if anyone knows why this happens

after using pc tools antivirus most times i am using the internet i am rediected to internet pages which is becoming annoying..any ideas?

not sure if the y are related

hope someone can help
thanking you in advance

Hello HAYDAN

Please download combofix here -> https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html

Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to something like 123.exe to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back