AVG found Trojan Horse Downloader.generic7.igx

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge84

Hello,

My avg found a trojan horse downloader.generic7.igx.

I regularly use my computer for banking. I need to get rid of this trojan as quickly as possible. I have had the program for a long time and from all of the past virus scans I never received a threat.

I have read many different forums and you guys are the best out of all the rest.

Can someone please help me get rid of this trojan.

Thank you

I also found the Trojan Horse Downloader on my computer. I have no idea how to get rid of it either. I have no experience when it comes to computers. I'm hoping someone could help, or atleast lead me in the right direction.

That is a generic name and the fix usually requires specific instructions, but go ahead and do the following then we can go from there.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of surge84 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back