AVG test result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Why everytime I run my AVG scanning tool, the status of kernel32.dll,user32.dll,shell32.dll and ntoskrnl.dll are 'CHANGED'. Anyway, the after-scanning status is "No threat found yet". Thehefore, I assume my laptop is fine. Anyone can tell me what are these files and what program or programs, which I installed, had triggered these status. When my laptop is fresh (recovery and reformatted), AVG do not show these message.

I believe i may know whats happening. Follow the instructions in this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic89825.html

Dont hesitate to post here if you have any problems.

This thread is for the use of papa_adam06 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

That`s perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Before going through the instructions issued by rik, please do the following.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of papa_adam06 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks,
Quite a relief when you said it is "perfectly' normal. For the HJT part, mmm...as a matter of fact, I'm totally newbie. Therefore I am a bit reluctant to install HijackThis because it just performs a diagnostic scan and required user to subsequently take necessary actions should are needed. Until I study and gain more self-confident, I try not to opt for that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back