Avira Antivir Splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpygme

Hi All -

maybe someone has a fix for this. (hopefully this is the right forum ! )
when avira antivir loads its daily updates, it ends with a large splash screen to sell product that is just annoying. i know it's a free product - but ii also know there may be a workaround for it that i haven't been able to discover.

anyone have a way around this ?

many thx

Michael

Some would complain if they were hung with a new rope
An obnoxious splash screen from those furriners is a small price to pay for such an excellent antivirus program. This is the first one I have seen that I would enthusiastically buy... but I won't buy it until I know they wont have an obnoxious splash screen for the paid virgin.

I found the workaround out.
But it's illegal to do, and should not be posted
Basically, you cannot edit or change the program lawfully in any way.

Anyway, due to this annoying splash screen, I usually put Avast on users computers. That's what I now recommend just because of this issue.

I use to like AVG Free too, but now that has so many extras, it slows down users computers (unless you want free Spyware protection, which is good anyway)

i see - illegal and can't be posted. too bad. perhaps you can share if it's a registry fix or a software file deletion fix ... (then again, perhaps you can't ! but if you can, comfortably, cool.)

thx
Michael

XXXXXXXX.XXX (i have removed the filename, as it may be seen as I'm supporting this, which I am not) is an Avira required file, and cannot be removed otherwise Avira will not work!
You might want to search other information about how not to edit this file too

Turning Off the Spy Sweeper Splash Screen at Startup

By default, Spy Sweeper starts when Windows is started and the Spy Sweeper splash screen is displayed. You can configure Spy Sweeper so that the splash screen is not displayed at startup.

If any Spy Sweeper window is open, click the Options button on the left side of the window. Otherwise, right-click the Spy Sweeper icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and select Options from the popup menu.

In the Options window, click the Program tab.

Uncheck the box for Display splash screen on Spy Sweeper startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back