Back again

PaulWuzHere

Hey Guys, Its been a while since I have been here. I am now a Firedog PC Tech and will be more than happy to share what I know to help anyone. I've been around for a good while so here are a few things about me... I love AMD, I actually like vista, I also like Linux (mandriva), I am currently in favor of Ati (HD 4850 is SWEET). Anything else? Just ask! Its good to be back.

Well, I agree HP 4850 is sweet, 4870 is sweeter. AMD is cool. Vista sucks. Linux is good, but unix is better. And no offense, but i hate firedog, geeksquad, and other techs. But i guess thats cause since i have my own pc repair company, that makes you competition lol. But yea, nice to meet ya!

Lol, I used to hate vista then I gave it a good chance. I understand not liking competition but I am sure if we met face to face we could have an awesome conversation, I learned that from past encounters.

lol. I don't view Firedog, Geeksquad, NerdsonSite, etc, as competition. In fact, I owe them because due to their crappy work it brings me lots of business and devoted clients.

Not that I'm saying it about you in particular, so don't take that wrong. Just as a rule.

Incidentally, did you guys ever see that video about computer scams? That's one of them there.

A local computer store (Trinity Computers) apparently runs a "software scan" to test EVERYTHING people bring them. A friend of mine took them a Motherboard because his brother (the one he was building the computer for) thought he was stupid and that a brand new piece of hardware couldn't be 'messed up' and they told him it was working fine, yet, it wasn't. They RMA'd it and now the build is fabulous.

So yeah, I'd watch who you take your computer to at any given time.

I get in trouble with managers sometimes just because I take "too long" on a job because I don't use their software or their ridiculous procedures. I do what needs to be done, and it gets done. I have had other techs send work my way because they don't feel like doing it. Oh well... guess with the hot water CCity is in I don't have to worry about it much longer.

You get in trouble, Paul, because you're good and thorough at what you do, and the hacks don't like it. They'd rather use their magic software like Jack-in-the-Box uses their secret sauce.

Back