TechSpot

Backdoor 5 Generic virus, Registery messed up.

By ma1kel
Aug 9, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I noticed after a reboot that ""Run" and "Shutdown" where removed from my Start menu, I tried Alt+R(opens the Run menu) but I got an error, I also got an error when I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del. I also lost Internet access.

I scanned with AVG anti-virus professional, and it found and removed a Backdoor 5 Generic BTC virus. But I still had troubles with for example Run.

I booted in safe mode, Did a HijackThis scan and tried to figure out what happened. It looks like the virus modified the Registery and added a Administator account, a few S I S accounts(I have no idea what purpose that has), and I crippled the power of my "Maikel" (administrator) account, with cripplying policies.

I have included 2 screenshots and a HijackThis log.

I would like to know how to restore my Registery and remove the Administrator and S I S accounts, thanks in advance.

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.