Backdoor on your router?

D

DelJo63

Netgear's WNR1000, Belkin's N300, N900 and F5D8236-4 v2 models as well as the Linksys
WRT310Nv2, Netgear WNDR4700 and TP-Link WR1043N routers – and D-Link is also affected; this time it's the company's DIR-865L model.

see the original story at H-Security for details

The info was posted by Brandon Dimmel on 20130422 @ 09:11AM EST but lacks any CVE notation.
The H-Security post has noted: The holes that were discovered by ISE have been given 17 CVE numbers so far, and a further 21 submissions are currently being investigated.

Ok, I was going to post the link I did & ask if there was a way to know ones router name/type if they don't know where the router is?

Ok, thank you. :)
I just said the router IP because you said, "if you do not know where the router is". The easier way is to find out where the router is and read the sticker on it. It will tell you the IP, MAC address, etc. You can find what the default password is online (for each vendor) if you havent enabled security on it.

It is a secured router. I know where its at & I''ve seen it, but I don't have "anytime" access to it.
I read alot of posts in here about users needing firmware updates & other router questions so when I saw the link I posted. I simply became curious.Thank you.:)

Yeah, you need to have access to the router to upgrade the firmware. If it is an old router, I would check it out online, it may have a lifetime warranty like mine does. This will get you a new model and will have the newest firmware on it. Plus, it will be newer and cooler :D.

Back