Inactive Backdoor Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, first time poster here pitching a problem in the hopes of finding a resolution. I've been googling this issue and I haven't found a satisfactory response because all of the issues I've found of it, weren't related to the actual problem I'm having.

For months, I've been hearing this sound from what appears to be, the back of my machine. It starts with chimes and then followed with a door shutting sound. It can't be hard to miss since the machine is next to me.

The solutions I've found to this problem, all point to AOL Instant Messenger. Well, I've not had AIM in years. Telegram/Skype/Discord are my line up programs for communications. I know exactly what the sign in and sign out sounds are to AIM and they're very distinctive compared to what I'm hearing.

Malwarebytes and SpyBot both cannot seem to be finding any viruses or malware of the sort that could silence the sound. They do find some things periodically but despite the many times I've had both programs remove what they've found, the sound still comes on sometimes.

And it's really making me concerned as well as annoyed. Because for all I know and suspect, it could very well be a backdoor virus. How can it not? Door opening to lurk in someone's computer, sniffing through files and seeing if the user has their TrueCrypt opened and mounted a partition they aren't supposed to get into. Shutting the door when they feel they've gotten sufficient information from me before coming back later for more dips.

We all know Backdoor Viruses are hard to detect and difficult to spot so I'm in good reason to believe this is what I'm dealing with. I think there are connections to this sound like the Chromium virus that I hoped to have purged from my system by now by doing a manual registry cleaning of any traces to Chromium itself. There's also a Thunder5 listing on my NAT in my home network I have to remove manually that's listening to some ports so, it's obvious I'm infected with something that could be a link to this sound.

If at the very least, I did bring up some results that suggests that there might be an IRQ or sound conflict with some of my sound drivers? But that plausibility was crossed off when I disabled everything but the front bus of my machine where the front headset and microphone ports are.

So, right now, I'm at a loss and I've forced myself to come here for answers.

My Machine is:

HP Pavilion p7-1414 Model
14GB DDR3 Ram
Win 8.1
AMD A8-Trinity Quad Core 3.2GHz

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back