Bad CMOS battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

almatreb

what is this error when i boot my cusin portable it doest boot immediately error appears as" bad cmos battery -error date & time. it says there that i need to choose either f2 (utilities bios or press f1 .when press f2 it goes straight to bios of course! but the best option is to press f1 so it will bot normaly to the xp windows OS specs is WIN XP SP1. Do we need to replace the cmos battery now.

Does it do this on every boot up? Have you tried going F2, after your in the bios hit F10 (should prompt you to SAVE, if not, then exit and save) If it continues to do this then yes, you will need to replace the CMOS battery and hope that it is just the battery and not where it sits.

yes it does everytime i restart the pc it always prompt me to press either f1 or f2 ... but the best option is to press f1 . well in that case ill consider that as a solution.....i appreciate your help dude tnx!

what is this error when i boot my cusin portable it doest boot immediately error appears as" bad cmos battery -error date & time. it says there that i need to choose either f2 (utilities bios or press f1 .when press f2 it goes straight to bios of course! but the best option is to press f1 so it will bot normaly to the xp windows OS specs is WIN XP SP1. Do we need to replace the cmos battery now.

get another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back