Bad directsound driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a message when i try to run any music in my computer.
"bad direct sound driver........ error code 88780078. help me please.

Go to system properties (Winkey + Break). switch to your device manager. under Sound devices, uninstall everything there. reboot. Reinstall your sound drivers. reboot again.

Since you haven't mentioned your OPsystem, the best I can guess is for you to right click on the items under Sound devices in your device manager. You should see either uninstall or delete as one of the options. It may ask if you want to reboot before all the device drivers are uninstalled/deleted. Just click no until all the drivers are uninstalled/deleted. Then reboot and your computer should recognize new hardware and try to install drivers for the sound card. If it doesn't, you can go into control panel and tell it to search for new devices. This will usually catch any devices it missed on bootup, provided there isn't an irq conflict.

One other thing. You may need to run regedit or a similiar program to correct any leftover registry entries. If you do, it's advisable to back up the registry first. It's rarely needed, but usually a good idea.

directsound...

control panel->sound devices, check that you have correct soundcard as default soundcard. Probably not. Change it, click apply and that´s it. No reboots or driver installations are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back