Bad Image Virus - Computer will not let me run 8 Steps

By raisin22
Oct 26, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a ThinkPad R60 that is running on Windows XP, and a few weeks ago I got the System Secutiry 2009 Virus. I was able to run Malwarebytes and just when I thought I got rid of it I started to get pop ups when I restarted my computer. The first part changes but they all end with .exe - Bad Image. I am not sure if it is the same virus or a different one but it has hijacked my computer.

I tried to run Malwarebytes and Spybot but it will not let me open the programs. I have tried downloading them and saving them under different names and running them off of a jump drive but I still cannot open them. I tried to run through the 8 steps before posting but it will not let me update my Java and none of the programs will run.

I have tried to start the computer in safe mode and to preform a system restore but it will not let me do those either. I have tried to backup files but it will not let me.

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to fix this, I would hate to lose everything. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,753   +156

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.