Bad performance on what should be a good setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamibi

Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted on here, but run into a pretty depressing and just downright baffling problem for me with my setup.

I'm running:

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz Socket 1366 8MB L3 Cache
Asus Rampage II Extreme
Corsair 1000w Power Supply
2X Zotac GeForce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5
Corsair Dominator GT 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 16000C8 (2000MHz)
3x Acer GD245HQ 3D monitors (Spanned Desktop with Nvidia Surround stuff)
Windows 7 Professional

Pic of CPU-Z etc

Thing is, when I first bought this setup (minus one of the 480s which was bought at a later date) It's never run how I thought it would. I've got 3D vision and couldn't play Bad Company 2 on a playable FPS with 3D enabled, barely scrapes late 20's in FPS. Which baffles me. Even with the 2nd 480 there wasn't much of an improvement.

I bought the 2nd 480 for the Surround displays, which yes, it's absolutely mind blowing and amazing, but try playing anything in 3D and it just makes you want to slam your head off the three displays.

I'll be the first to admit I'm actually more aless clueless on over clocking and therefore haven't touched anything but the default "Optimal settings" on the Extreme tweaker on the motherboard, and the CPU Level-Up which just fails half the time anyway.

I don't feel that over clocking is the problem for this at the moment, as It wasn't running as well as it should've from the start. One problem I noticed is the RAM should be at 2000mhz, yet the motherboard forces it to run at 1066mhz (Pic of the Bios ExtremeTweaker), when I did select optimal settings for the RAM (which changed the target DRAM frequency to 2000mhz) the computer BSOD's within 10-15 minutes of doing anything that stresses it.

I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong, why is it all going bad for me ? I've tried BC2 on 3 monitors and sure it's playable, but it's not as good as it should be, World of Warcraft lags to hell on 3 monitors, but I put that down to the game more than anything. It's just not performing how well this should be for the money I've spent on it and the parts.

Would be really appreciative of any replies of similar problems or any more info you need etc, starting to get increasingly frustrated with this computer and want to sort it out.

Thanks a lot for reading if you got this far,

Jamibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back