Bad Pool Caller 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x04030401, 0xE3FED568)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there!

I hope someone here can help me since I'm a bit lost when it comes to this problem.

I just bought Fallout 3 this Friday and wanted to install it on my laptop. However, as soon as I try to start the setup.exe on the dvd the screen will turn blue and show me a message for 1 second. After having read numerous threads on this topic I managed to change the system so I could finally read the whole message. It says something about a Bad Pool Caller. The code is

STOP: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x04030401, 0xE3FED568).

What does that mean and how can I get rid of it? I have never had problems like these before, all other cd's and dvd's run without a problem.

I ran windows xp in safe mode and managed to start the setup.exe without it crashing, owever it will stop installing because I can't find any sound devices which is probabyl related to the safe mode.

I did not install any new hardware during the last few weeks, nor did I install any new new hardware that I'm aware of.

Please tell me what I need to do to get rid of it. If you need any information or want me to run any programs please have some patience since I'm not too skilled when it comes to computers.

Regards

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    38 KB · Views: 11
This indicates a problem in RAM, either system memory or video memory (video card) Since you're not seeing it in Safe Mode, it means it probably the video card. Is the video card under warranty? The only way yo ensure it is the video card is to swap it with another one and see if the problem reproduces.

Best,
-- Andy

Wow, that was quick!

First of all thanks for your answer. I have a Toshiba Satego P100-490, so far I can't post any links because of my low post count. The gfx card is a Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GS, 512 MB.

So, yes, the video card should be under warranty. But shouldn't there be more problems with other games if the card is not working properly? I mean, I'm running Company of Heroes and Stalker without any problems.

Regards

OK, then perhaps it's not the video card. In fact, it may not be a RAM problem at all. I rerea your post and I misread it the first time. You're INSTALLING the video game, not playing it. That's different.

Might be a problem with spyware. Are you checking for it and which utilities do you use?

Best,
-- Andy

Yes, I can't even install Fallout 3 because the very second I doubleclick the setup.exe or any other file from that dvd the laptop will crash.

I'm using Spybot and Avast! I will do a complete scan now and report back later on.

Cheers again for your help.

I recommend the following 3 anti-spyware utilities (all available in the Download section at this site):

1) AVG 8
2) Ad-Aware 2008
3) Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost with results.

Best,
-- Andy

Uninstall Avast and see if that resolves the problem. Both crashes are the same.

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 4030401, e3fed568}
Probably caused by : aswSP.SYS ( aswSP+5a0a )
Image name: aswSP.SYS Timestamp: Sat Jul 19 23:35:15 2008 (4881FBA3)

YES! Uninstalling Avast solved it for me. Thanks to all of you for helping me out with this one. I really had no clue what to do to get rid of this problem.

Maybe Avast and Securom did conflict with each other, who knows. Anyways, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back