BAD POOL HEADER on XP install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My XP SP2 have been behaving a bit funny of late.
So I took the plunge. Saved my data and formatted the C partition.
But when I installed from the XP CD, and when it came to Windows starting, I got BAD POOL HEADER.

The C partition being newly formatted, there can surely be no virus issues, nor driver conflicts. Nothing has been installed yet!

Memory sticks? They are old but passed MemTest86 recently. The sound card is on board.
I will look into the display card next.

I welcome your comments.

Regards.

c

From auhma.org: A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

Still Having BAD POOL HEADER

Since my last post, I stripped my machine to the "bare-bone". And still I was not allowed to install a fresh XP OS by BAD POOL HEADER and occasionally IRQS NOT LESS OR EQUAL or PAGE IN NON-PAGE AREA. Is there anything else?

BTW, there are hardly any hardware in my machine now, except the MOBO.
I removed the ATI AGP2 display card.
I removed 1 stick of RAM from slot 1
I removed the PC Tel 56K modem card
I removed the sound card
I removed the USB Hub extension
I swapped one stick of RAM for the other.

So, with just the MOBO and a stick of RAM and on board graphics, I still can not complete my XP installation.on a clean formatted C Partition which has been 100% surface-scanned as well

It is driving me nuts.

It could be your harddrive is either bad or has bad sectors. When you say your C partition has been 100% surface scanned are you talking a harddrive diagnostics? Can you run MemTest on your RAM in another system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back