Bad ports or bad flash drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i built a frankenstein computer with my older brothers old computer and when i put them in my case the usb ports dont work except for when i plug my mouse in

i put in two of my flash drives to test to see if the ports worked and they didnt and now my flash drives dont work on any computer (oh i had also plugged in my brothers ipod cause i forgot the ports didnt work and my brothers ipod no longer works in any computer either)

did you install usb drivers? have you tested the usb lines to ensure they have voltage? Have you tested the PSU with a tester tool and multimeter? Are the USB ports plugged into the mobo correctly?

ok one i did install drivers problem consisted
i went to mobo's site and donwloaded drivers from there no dice
i uninstalled the usb drivers powere off then powered on xp reinstalled drivers but nothin still
then i reinstalled xp and updated every kind of driver i could think of and then updated to service pack 2 which i was told would auto install drivers for usb and still nothin
oh i accidently also updated to service pack 3 like a week after
the ports are connected correctly i had other people check my junk just to make sure

and that other stuff you said i have no idea how to check that stuff and dont have those tools or meters you named

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back