TechSpot

Bad SSD

By stonarda
Oct 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys! I have an Agility 3 SSD by OCZ, which has a huge numbber of issues with its firmware. After researching online, I decided to update the firmware. However, the power went for a brief second while this was happening and the cmputer went off. Ever since, I have been unable to use the drive. Is tehre any way to revert it back to the old firmware?

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,020   +913

Unfortunately, I do not think you can revert back :(. Not completely sure though.

3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,262   +541

I would conatact OCZ and see what they can do, otherwise I don't know, that's one of the main reason if I do something like that, I do it on my laptop.

4. watalee

watalee TS Rookie Posts: 16

Maybe you have to contact the engineer working in OCZ to get a professional tool to burn the firmware into your SSD

5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,262   +541

One other idea, plug the SSD into another computer and see if its read at all (Even if you cant access it), then try doing another firmware update.

6. stonarda

stonarda TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 180   +17

Cheers for the replies guys, I ended up getting myself a new one as my PC was needed ASAP (programming, etc)! Cheers anyhow XD

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.