Bad_pool_caller stop: 0x000000C2 {0x00000043,0xC507C000,0x00000000,0x00000000}

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC running XP would not turn on after shutting down the previous evening.
I installed a new power supply and the PC turned on again.
No video displayed
I turned it off, removed the video card, and reinstalled it. I also took of and reinstalled all cables.
Now every time I boot up the computer restarts while loading windows.
If I "run windows normally" the computer restarts while the XP logo is on the screen.
If I "run last known good configuration" the same thing happens.
If I boot in "safe mode" the computer scrolls through a list of items loading, holds on "loading ptd.sys" then continues and reboots.
If I boot from the XP CD and either try to reinstall or repair installation I get a blue screen with:
BAD_POOL_CALL_ERROR

STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000043,0xC4DBC000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
I tried swapping out the video card with no change

Any suggestions?

Have made any change to your computer? replaced any hardware? installed some software?
Are you using ATI graphics card?

This article and also this one shows that this error code have something to do with drivers; hence I'll advise you to uninstall old drivers; then download and reinstall the newer drivers for the hardware in question.

Drivers?

I am using an GeForce 9400GT video card, it is about 1 month old.
Other than that, no new hardware or changes.
No new software either unless there was a Windows update installed automatically.

I can't change the any drivers either because I am stuck in and endless boot loop.

Alright; which display graphics card you were using previously?

Can you try to boot into safe mode? or 'Last Good Known Configuration' ?

Boot loop

I had an earlier model GeForce video card before replacing it.

If I try to boot in safe mode or last known configuration it still reboots while loading Windows.

PSU requirements for 9400GT are:
Minimum of a 300 Watt power supply
(minimum +12 Volt current rating of 18 amps)
So, just in case, I'll advise you to check your PSU's model/power rating.

If you have windows cd you can boot from it and try to repair your current installation?

However, if you do not have any important data on the OS partition, you can simply reformat that partition and reinstall windows.

I have an Ultra LSP 550 power supply which should handle the requirements.

I dohave a Windows CD but I get the same BSOD when I try to repair. I let the installation CD load completely, select repair, then I choose the Windows installation to repair, then after 10 seconds the BSOD appears.

Alright then PSU shall be of no problem as its 550W unit with 30A 12V+ rail.

Did you had Daemon Tools installed on your PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back