Bad_Pool_Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo6564

So lately my computer has been blue screening on me a lot, usually when gaming. I looked in the sticky at the top of the forum but the article on this error has been removed. Anyway here's the complete code:

BAD_POOL_HEADER

STOP:0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xE3BFC368, 0XE3BFC4A8, 0X0C2080828)

Anyway help given would be greatly appreciated to fix this increasingly frustrating problem.

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

When else is this occuring besides gaming? Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? Try the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I appreciate your quick reply. I'm downloading the newest drivers now, but if I were to follow the steps above and the problem still persists what should I do?

generally caused by bad, failing. or incompatible ram. Can also be caused by a failing power supply.

So I had another bluescreen but I don't think it's related to my earlier one, I got this error after choosing Shut Down.

STOP: 0X00000024 (0X001902FE, 0XB4288728, 0XB4288424, 0XB7E6C893)

And below this there was another message:

Ntfs.sys - address B7E6C893 base at B7E47000 Datestamp: 4614fbf1

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

1. Run harddrive diagnostics utility from your HD manufacture.

2. Run memtest on your memory as per Tedster's citing of possible bad RAM.

3. Follow the steps I posted earlier about updating video card drivers.

4. What psu are you running, i.e., make, model, and wattage?

1: I haven't ran the diagnostics, that's next on my list.

2: I have run Memtest in the past and it got to 4 passes with no errors, should I run it again and wait until 7 passes?

3: I did update the drivers, but not in the exact way you mentioned. I rebooted in safe mode and tried to run DriverSweeper but it wouldn't start, so I rebooted as normal and just installed the drivers.

4: The PSU which comes with this case:

http://www.aristacomputers.com/Bosse-X-Blade-ATX-Tower-Case-450Watts-Winpower-PSU-(BLACK).html

WinPower 435W

And this BSOD was after around 3 hours or so of gaming.

1. When you run the HD diagnostics make sure you do the long ones as well as the short.

2. Yes and more Passes if possible.

3. Try Driver Cleaner Pro if possible.

4. I did a search and could find absolutely no reviews on this power supply. HEC makes a number of WinPower models but as one poster noted on another tech forum HEC will third party the various lines and thus quality control is a basic crap shoot. I personally wouldn't trust it but that doesn't a) mean it is the cause of your problems and b) your particular psu may actually supply that which it claims.

* Since you received a BSOD after 3 hours of gaming the issue could be a heat problem and heat issues will shut down a system fast. Check your system fans icluding vid card fan, airflow, and temps.

I'm a little confused about my PSU, the one that comes with the case is supposed to be 450w but when I looked at the sticker on it; it reads 435W. Also how would I check my temperatures?

You can check in the BIOS and I believe Everest Home edition will do this. It is no longer supported but it works and it is free.

As for the psu thing, I would say the 435W is probably more accurate. Contact the builder.

I have an update.

1: I haven't gotten around to running the hard drive diagnostics,

2: I ran Memtest again and let it get to 7 passes with 0 errors.

3: I downloaded Everest Home Edition to keep an eye on my temperatures and after a few hours of gaming my GPU was at 55*c

Yes I had one, I don't remember exactly what I was doing before it happened but this is the code:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

STOP: 0X0000001A (0X00041284, 0X00069001, 0X00000000, 0X0C0883000)

0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
This memory management error is usually hardware related.

What is the make of your motherboard and RAM?

How long have you had this system before your issues occured and what has been the length of time you have been experiencing these issues?

I've had it since early April I think? And the blue screens have been happening since around the end of April. It started off with errors in games then causing them to crash, but it seems to have evolved into crashing my entire system now.

Your psu still seems suspect. Also, contact Biostar and give them the model of your motherboard and ask them if your particular memory will work with this motherboard.

If you can't get this resolved your system should still be under warrenty. Let your builder fix this if we can't come to a solution.

I'll contact them and see what they say. But thank you for all the help you've given me. Very efficient, polite and helpful.

I haven't gotten around to asking Biostar yet but I did some poking around in my PC and found my Power Supply model number, the odd thing is searching it in Google yields no results?

Winpower SL-8460BTX

Winpower does not have the best reputation in the build community -- or any community for that matter. Do you have someone who can test your power supply with a multimeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back