Bad_system_congfig_info

By Letsfixit
Jan 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. My computer will not start up. When I try I get the blue screen with (Bad_system_config_info). When I tried to put the os disk in to fix it the computer would not read the DVD drive that is in it. I tried 2 Other DVD drives that were internal and one external. I can get to start to linux that is running off of a USB drive. I got all my things on it off but I would like to use it Again. Someone please help.
  2. terry5880

terry5880 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 527

Have u recently updated ram ?

This kind of error is usually associated with defective RAM; but, not every problem fits neatly into that kind of categorization. It could be also a driver, registry or other hardware problem. Have you changed any hardware or lately? Have you updated drivers recently?

It could be a bad memory slot. Try each memory stick in each slot. In other words, try stick one in slot one then in slot two. Repeat the process with stick two. Try a different video card if you have one. Remove any add-in cards. Let us know your result.

What version of Windows are you running?
  3. Letsfixit

Letsfixit Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I just tried 4 different sticks and not one worked
  4. Letsfixit

By the way it is windows XP
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,684   +153

Bad motherboard now?
  6. Letsfixit

Would it be the moutherboard if I can run Linux off of a USB drive
  7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,684   +153

When you boot into Linux, can you see how much memory is installed. You must insert 1 memory stick in the first slot for the computer to boot

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.