TechSpot

Ban Policy? (Was: One More Question)

By lowman
Mar 11, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. One More Question

Once someone is banned, are they allowed to come back after a certain amount of time, or is it just a 1 strike and you're out policy? I only ask because I have seen several posts where someone's rank under their avatar was listed as "Banned" (I understand that your ranking is changed on all past posts when your rank actually changes - I was just curious if they are ever allowed back to the forum...perhaps after a few hours on the rack, or in the Iron Maiden?

2. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Hmmmm.....I never noticed that. Guess I'll actually have to read the Forum Rules.

3. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 380

Just something I was wondering about...I should probably read the forum rules myself...

4. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

5. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,929   +186

When I ban someone I send them an e-mail telling them that if they promise to behave I will unban them...

6. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,929   +186

Correction; some come just to ban, i.e. create a new account for it, for them I give no options...

They usually create a bot that posts a few hundred replies... Mass Prune and ban gets rid of that...

7. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

8. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 380

Understood...and yes Stormbringer...I was supposed to read the rules and TOS when I signed up...I suppose I didn't read them carefully enough....I stand corrected.

9. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Well as long as everyone is straightened away, and you don't have to be the one that needs to get banned, lets move on.